To screen and nominate judicial applicants; evaluate the performance of judges and make evaluation information and recommendations available to the voters; and conduct studies and make recommendations to improve the administration of justice.
* * Election Information * *
Judges on the Ballot
As part of its duties, the Judicial Council has conducted performance evaluations for each judge on the ballot, and made that information public here.
- Press release announcing vacancy for the Kenai Superior Court; 9/6/22
- Press release announcing nominees for the Ketchikan District Court; 9/1/22
- Press release announcing applicants for the Alaska Supreme Court and Anchorage Superior Court (two vacancies); 7/25/22
- Press release announcing vacancies on the Alaska Supreme Court and Anchorage Superior Court; 6/17/22
- Chief Justice Bolger opening remarks; 3/22/2019